Audio Visual Technician
Are you adept at working with audio-visual equipment and passionate about movies? Join OpenAir Cinemas – Zimbabwe’s premier outdoor cinema company!
We are looking for a part-time (contract) Audio Visual Technician who is hardworking, reliable and self-motivated, working with a tight-knit team to deliver, set up and run our outdoor and indoor movie events. This position requires some manual labour setting up screens, speakers and projectors – but it’s also a lot of fun! Technical problem solving skills, creativity and the ability to think on your feet will also be key in this role.
• Coordinating screenings from beginning to end alongside event managers
• Setting up and taking down of movie equipment, including movie screens, projectors and movie software
• Setting up and taking down audio equipment, including speakers, audio cables, mixers and microphones
• Hosting screenings for outdoor and indoor cinema events for OpenAir Cinemas and client hires; candidate should be able to work at night, during the week and on weekends
• Troubleshooting and problem-solving all audio-visual equipment and software issues
• Ensuring all AV equipment is fully operational, responsible for cleaning and maintaining equipment, and reporting damages to the Events Lead
• Coordinating with vendors and other events staff before, during and after events
• Capturing event photography at certain venues (training will be provided).
• Ability to operate audio-visual equipment (speakers, mixers, mics, projectors etc.) for live events; candidate should have good understanding of related electronic components
• Good computing skills, proficient use of Mac/PC, ability to operate various types of movie software
• Ability to work independently and solve technical problems
• Ability to lift and carry heavy objects (screens, speakers, storage boxes etc.)
• Excellent customer service skills; candidate must be professional, friendly and able to communicate effectively with clients
• Valid driver’s license is required as successful candidate will be required to drive and deliver equipment to various venues.
• Minimum one (1) year of set up and working knowledge of audio-visual equipment for live events
• Demonstrated working knowledge in using various movie software
• Valid driver’s license.
Minimum Age: 20+ years old
Job Type: Part-time contract
Job Location: Harare
Required Education: High school or equivalent
Required Experience: Audio Visual (1 year)
Required License or Certification: Valid driver’s license
Languages: English and Shona/Ndebele
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your current CV, detailing your to: email@example.com
If you have any further questions relating to the role please also email the address above.
Deadline: 15 July 2018 (Interview invitations will be extended on a rolling basis).