Content & Social Media Editor
Maverick Media is a full-service creative agency and production house that is committed to generating original and highly innovative narrative-based marketing and entertainment media.
We are seeking a dynamic, creative and self-driven individual with excellent communication and organisational skills to join our tight-knit team, working on a range of different client and internal social media, digital marketing and events initiatives simultaneously. If you’re passionate about editing and proofreading, mentoring young content creators and social media community managers, driving content marketing and storytelling for brands, and all things digital, we’d love to hear from you.
Training will be provided, but we strongly prefer someone with experience in: social media management, digital marketing, copywriting, copyediting and report writing. The successful candidate will need to be self-motivated and able to take initiative in managing a small team of content creators. The candidate must be willing to take on challenges and be responsible for delivering desired outcomes timeously.
You will be overseeing social media content creation and report writing processes so you must be able to demonstrate very strong communication skills, the ability to multitask and strong leadership skills. 3–5 years experience working in either social media management, content editing, journalism or communications professional roles is essential.
• Overseeing the creation of social media and other marketing content, proofreading and editing all written material
• Edit client-facing content – including monthly reports and proposals
• Guiding a small team of content creators in the creation of compelling content and
assets to attract new visitors, engage existing users, and gain brand visibility for clients
• Responsible for leading the team in managing multiple social media accounts on
• Work with the team to generate comprehensive reports and evaluations of social media
and digital activity for clients (this will be time-consuming but is a key part of the
• Leading brainstorming sessions to devise fresh and innovative ideas to increase
followers and fans, and build engaged social media communities on Facebook, Twitter,
Instagram and LinkedIn
• Monitoring and overseeing responses to social media and digital activity
• Get involved in coordinating and conducting aspects of internal and external events
• Post holder prepared to perform other related duties as assigned.
• Excellent communication skills and exceptional written English
• Impeccable copywriting and copyediting skills, strong attention to detail and a high level of editorial accuracy
• Highly reliable, organised, efficient, and great at multitasking, successful candidate must be focused and deadline-driven
• Strong leadership skills and ability to lead a small team in delivering desired outcomes
• Experience mentoring and managing an editorial team, ability to give instructions,
feedback and encouragement to team members
• Confidence in generating reports and recommendations to all levels
• Able to use initiative and come up with creative ideas
• Demonstrate creative flair in the presentation of work and development of creative ideas
• Demonstrate knowledge of working with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn,
YouTube, blogs, and emerging digital channels
• Demonstrate understanding of consumer behaviour and knowledge about the future of
how consumers interact with each other, consume and engage with content, and
develop affinity to brands
• Knowledge of driving business impact from social media and digital campaigns with an
ability to generate ROI
• Good IT skills, proficient use of Mac/PC
• Good time management and punctuality, ability to juggle multiple projects.
• Educated to degree level in the relevant field, experience within the marketing, publishing or media sector essential
• 3–5 years experience working in either social media management, client management, content editing, journalism or communications professional roles is essential
• Excellent English-language writing and editing ability, as well as verbal skills
• High level of self-motivation, initiative, and creativity
• Languages: English and Shona or Ndebele (essential), French (big plus).
How to Apply
Please send your current CV with a cover letter outlining the reasons why you would be suitable for this position via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any further queries relating to the role please also email the address above.
Deadline: 20 April 2018