Job Opening: Creative Director
Maverick Media is a full-service creative agency and production house, driven by the desire to connect brands with their audiences using narrative-based media. Maverick Media also runs OpenAir Cinemas — Zimbabwe’s premier outdoor cinema experience.
We are looking for an experienced Creative Director to lead a creative team of Mavericks. The successful candidate will work with the creative team to create, plan and deliver a strategic vision for client projects and marketing campaigns. In this role you’ll be involved in planning advertising and marketing initiatives, supervising the entire creative process and guiding the visual and marketing teams. This is a senior role for creative thinkers and proven leaders who are highly creative, dedicated, and possess excellent communication skills.
- Build, lead, and review work of the creative team in the production of all web, print, and digital marketing collateral.
- Conceive and implement concepts, guidelines and internal and external marketing strategies that translate marketing objectives for different brands into clear and effective campaigns that resonate with target audiences.
- Spearhead and manage content strategy for both small-scale and large-scale projects, harnessing strategy, digital and brand design, compelling content, and technology.
- Supervise and motivate a cross-functional team of Graphic Designers, Copywriters, Social Media Managers, Video & Photo Content Creators, and Project Managers in the strategic development of messages and deliverables.
- Collaborate with Account Executives to obtain knowledge of the clients’ requirements.
- Supervise the creative team’s daily workflow, assign project workload, and monitor deadlines and budgets.
- Prioritise work and resources across engagements based on short- and long-term needs, establishing production schedules by collaborating with Designers, Copywriters and Traffic.
- Conduct brainstorming sessions with creative team, maintaining strategic and creative thinking to develop innovative and actionable creative initiatives in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Determine project content by reviewing and approving artwork and copy developed by the team, ensuring deliverables that effectively address marketing goals and challenges.
- Provide regular and constructive feedback, and mentor individual members of the creative team.
- Produce fresh, innovative work that translates complex ideas into compelling print material or digital communication that resonates with target audiences.
- Present, or oversee presentation of final concepts, and obtain approvals for deliverables.
- Design unique creative for projects and write well-crafted copy that meets clients’ needs.
- Analyse and report on brand tracking, market trends, consumer need, and the competitive landscape.
- Monitor results of team efforts, track and report on KPIs of team members and propose actions for the future.
- Excellent project management skills and proven experience with concept development.
- Outstanding leadership and organisational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as the ability to inspire the creative team to co-develop highly creative marketing and advertising content.
- Strong communication skills and mentoring ability.
- Ability to work with tight deadlines and juggle multiple projects.
- Prior experience with design, copywriting or production.
- Excellent working knowledge of software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign etc.
- Strong understanding and past experience creating integrated content across all marketing channels from digital, social media, paid media, mobile, as well as strong understanding offline and print.
- Highly skilled with leading and mentoring a team of creative talent.
- Strong creative vision with an understanding of business objectives.
- BSc/BA/BFA in Advertising or Marketing, Fine/Visual Art, Design or related field.
- 4–5 years of proven experience in creative / visual / art direction or leading marketing communications at an agency or in-house marketing department or related experience.
- Experience creating marketing/advertising campaigns from co-developing vision and the message platform to overseeing production on time and on budget.
- Hands-on experience in creative process, marketing, graphic design and brand development.
Role Type: Full-time
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your current CV, a cover letter and a portfolio of your previous work via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this role, all candidates must submit a link to or attach their Creative/Project Portfolios.
If you have any further queries relating to the role please also email the address above.
DEADLINE: 30 JUNE 2019