Job Opening: Skilled Graphic Designer
Maverick Media is a full-service creative agency and production house that is committed to generating original and highly innovative narrative-based marketing and entertainment media. Maverick Media also runs OpenAir Cinemas – Zimbabwe’s premier outdoor cinema experience.
We are seeking a highly talented, creative and motivated Graphic Designer, who is passionate about design, to join our growing team. The successful candidate will be responsible for taking conceptual design ideas and creating visual representations of them, for both digital & print marketing assets for different brands. The position requires strong digital design skills, along with traditional design and print production experience especially in layout and typography.
We’re looking for talented and committed candidates, who hold at least 3 years experience in Graphic Design or Digital Illustration. This position will report to the Creative Director and work closely with the marketing team and other Visual Content Creators to produce high-quality marketing assets for different clients. Previous experience working at a marketing or advertising agency, as well as experience in photography, video production or editing are highly preferred.
• Responsible for designing a wide variety of marketing assets for different brands, including: graphics for websites, advertising material, presentations, print collateral and brand identity material.
• Be the custodian of the brand look and feel for different brands, following brand
guidelines to ensure that the creative published across all channels maintains the
highest standard of the visual identities of the brands.
• Create visualizations (by software or hand) which convey accurate messaging and
undertones as dictated by the project.
• Determine voice and messaging for graphic design pieces.
• Develop product illustrations, logos, website graphics, etc. as needed for different
• Create engaging, interactive and compelling creative to meet different client
marketing and advertising needs such as graphics, images, videos, audio and other
multimedia formats using Adobe Creative Suite and other relevant multimedia tools.
• Interpret creative briefs, documented channel-specific best practices, and previous
performance data to produce high-performing creative.
• Advise on best practices and optimisation throughout design projects.
• Select colors, fonts, images, and layout for designs.
• Photo and video editing.
• Manage multiple projects and remain flexible through revisions while keeping a keen
attention to detail.
• Actively identify opportunities and new technologies to improve, develop and maintain
• Solid technical knowledge of multimedia tools and different design and editing software.
• A keen eye for typography and layout hierarchy to develop fresh and innovative
designs; illustrative skills are a plus.
• Accuracy and strong attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently on projects with minimal oversight, as well as ability to
work in a team.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, in a fast-paced, high-pressure
• Time management and organisational skills / able to meet deadlines.
• Advanced knowledge of print production – including pre-press, prep and preparing
files for print and building files for final output.
• Possess a passion for learning and an above and beyond attitude.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• 3–5 years experience in Graphic Design, Design, Visual Communications or
Advertising; experience in agency / in-house environment a big plus.
• Degree in Graphic Design, Design, Visual Communications or Art, or related field
(extensive experience in the field may also be acceptable).
• Experience with both print and digital media.
• Proficient in design and photo-editing software.
• The ability and desire to stay up-to-date with commercial design/graphics trends and
implement these in daily work.
• Demonstrated proficiency in using required design software, including Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Quark.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your updated C.V. and a portfolio of your previous work via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT: All candidates must submit a link to their Graphic Design Portfolio or will not be considered.
If you have any further queries relating to the role please also email the address above.
DEADLINE: 30 AUGUST 2019