Job Opening: Senior Copywriter
Maverick Media is a full-service creative agency and production house that is committed to generating original and highly innovative narrative-based marketing and entertainment media. Maverick Media also runs OpenAir Cinemas – Zimbabwe’s premier outdoor cinema experience.
We are seeking a highly experienced, confident and versatile Senior Copywriter who is imaginative in their writing and has a keen eye for detail and accuracy. The successful candidate will be a skilled storyteller, charged with compelling, convincing and converting stakeholders by delivering clear, creative, well-crafted messages.
We are looking for keen team players and self-sufficient multi-taskers to join a growing team of mavericks and collaborate with other Content Creators to create highly creative, compelling copy for social media, print and digital ads, video and radio scripts, and other marketing collateral. Social media community management will also be a key part of this role so you should be keen on and adept at all things social, digital and online engagement.
We are looking for someone who is intensely nitpicky about style rules, offended by typos, and instantly knows how to make a mediocre draft better. The candidate should be proficient at writing audience-focused copy — knowing when jargon is useful and when it gets in the way, when to add a dash of style, and when to just stick to facts.
To be considered for the role, candidates must hold at least 3–5 years experience in copywriting, creative advertising or marketing communications.
• Writing clear, persuasive, original copy for ads and social networks, with sentences that are squeaky clean, compelling, and highly engaging.
• Taking ownership of copy briefs and creating assets that attract new visitors/customers, engage existing users, and gain brand visibility through curating an active community and thereby encouraging sharing of content
• Acting as main content creator and community manager for a range of social media accounts, monitoring daily account activity and generating monthly comprehensive reports and evaluations of social media and digital activity.
• Working with a team of other Content Creators to create print and digital ads, video and radio scripts, and other marketing collateral.
• Putting across and creating substantial content to convey their ideas in a succinct and persuasive manner.
• Maintaining brand consistency and alignment of brand voice across channels.
• Manage multiple projects and remain flexible through revisions while keeping a keen attention to detail.
• Brainstorming ideas and concepts for the visual and words with other members of the creative team.
• Displaying initiative by seeking out new trends and incorporating them into advertising campaigns effectively.
• Get involved in coordinating and conducting aspects of internal and external events.
• Post holder prepared to perform other related duties as assigned.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication and creative writing skills.
• Strong multimedia storytelling ability.
• Obsessive attention to detail and high-level accuracy.
• Possessing a passion for learning and an above-and-beyond attitude.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
• Ability to work under pressure of deadlines without compromising quality.
• Highly reliable, organised and efficient, successful candidate must be focused and deadline-driven.
• Quick learner, able to grasp project requirements rapidly and offer valuable insights concisely.
• Demonstrate knowledge of working with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, blogs, and emerging digital channels.
• Requires the ability to work independently, take initiative, be detail-oriented, as well as approaching work with an attitude of collaboration, and work with members and staff professionally and tactfully.
• Candidate must be a solution-oriented, team player with the desire for team success.
• 3–5 years proven work experience as a Copywriter in marketing communications, writing a variety of marketing material and creative advertising.
• Degree in Marketing, English, Creative Writing, Journalism, Communications or related field.
• Proven experience working as part of a team serving multiple clients.
Role Type: Full-time
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your current CV with a cover letter outlining the reasons why you would be suitable for this position via email to: email@example.com
To be considered, all applicants must submit at least three writing samples, so we can get an idea of your best work. Feel free to include links to your content or portfolio in your application.
If you have any further queries relating to the role please also email the address above.
DEADLINE: 30 JUNE 2019