Job Opening: Photo & Video Content Creator (Videographer, Photographer, Editor)
Maverick Media is a full-service creative agency and production house that is committed to generating original and highly innovative narrative-based marketing and entertainment media. Maverick Media also runs OpenAir Cinemas – Zimbabwe’s premier outdoor cinema experience.
We are seeking a highly skilled, creative and artistic visual storyteller to join our tight-knit team as a Photo & Video Content Creator. The candidate will be in charge of transforming abstract ideas into original and unique visual content that enhances brand messaging and marketing initiatives.
The Photo & Video Content Creator is an integral part of our team and must be familiar with every aspect of delivering creative content — from pitching, storyboarding and production to color grading video and photo content for final delivery (2–3 years experience). The ideal candidate will have a diverse set of skills including cinematography, photography, video & photo editing — someone who is naturally independent, but also loves to work collaboratively with the Creative team.
• Overseeing the creation of all visual content for a range of client marketing projects
• Determining and recommending well-defined artistic interpretation to best suit a variety of projects
• Setting all creative aesthetics – utilising advanced and specialised artistic knowledge of shot composition, scenes and sequences
• Capturing videography for marketing purposes (TV commercials, social media and digital billboard clips), and event videography for a wide range of internal and external events
• Capturing still photography: candid, studio, event, portrait, landscape, fashion, etc. for different clients
• Responsible for making decisions about aspect ratio, digital effects, image contrast, and frame rates
• Managing all video and photo editing, assembling video and audio in non-linear editing software (Final Cut Pro, Premiere Pro), and retouching images with professional photo & graphics editing software (Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Creative Cloud)
• Designing and developing motion graphics and still graphics for videos when required
• Managing equipment inventory and recommending new equipment and software purchases
• Post holder prepared to perform other related duties as assigned.
• Working knowledge of different professional-grade video and still cameras
• Demonstrated proficiency in video editing, visual effects and motion graphics
• Expert knowledge in lenses, filters, lighting techniques and camera movements to create dramatic effect and prompt different emotional responses from audiences
• Proficiency in lighting setups for studio and location shoots
• Ability to edit, retouch and resize images with speed and accuracy
• Ability to use initiative and come up with creative ideas
• Demonstrate creative flair in the presentation of work and development of creative ideas and design
• Ability and willingness to work within existing brand standards and guidelines
• Demonstrate understanding of consumer behaviour and knowledge about the future of how consumers interact with each other, consume and engage with content, and develop affinity to brands
• Knowledge of driving business impact from videos and images with ability to generate ROI
• Highly reliable, organised, efficient, and great at multitasking, successful candidate must be focused and deadline-driven
• Good time management and punctuality, ability to juggle multiple projects
• Excellent IT skills, proficient use of Mac/PC
• Animation and graphic design skills are a distinct advantage
• Experience in drone videography not essential but an added plus.
• Educated to diploma or degree level in the Film / Video / Photo / Media fields, or equivalent experience working in production
• 2–3 years demonstrated experience in the creation and editing of original, innovative and artistic cinematography/videography
• 2–3 years demonstrated experience in still photography: candid, landscape, studio, fashion, event, portrait, etc.
• Must have a strong working knowledge of digital video cameras as well as lighting and sound recording for studio and on-location productions
• Advanced knowledge in the use of professional video and photo editing software (Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator) or other editing suites and compression software applications
• Ability to transport, set up, and operate various heavy production equipment
• Flexible schedule to accommodate for off-hours events and completing urgent projects
• High level of self-motivation, initiative, and creativity.
Role Type: Full-time
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your current CV with a cover letter outlining the reasons why you would be suitable for this position via email to: email@example.com.
All candidates must submit a link to samples of their videography and photography or will not be considered.
If you have any further queries relating to the role please also email the address above.
DEADLINE: 30 April 2018