Job Opening: Social Media & Marketing Assistant (French-Speaking)
Maverick Media is a full-service creative agency and production house that is committed to generating original and highly innovative narrative-based marketing and entertainment media. Maverick Media also runs OpenAir Cinemas – Zimbabwe’s premier outdoor cinema experience.
We are seeking a creative and proactive French-speaking Social Media & Marketing Assistant to join our tight-knit team, working on a range of different client and internal social media, digital marketing and events initiatives simultaneously. Native-level or full business proficiency in French is essential for this role as the successful candidate will be managing social media accounts for French-language markets. An understanding of differences in African French dialects would be a big plus.
This position will provide the successful candidate an opportunity to learn important marketing methods that will enhance their skills, at the same time contributing to the continued growth of Maverick Media.
We’re looking for committed candidates, who hold at least 1 year experience in marketing, PR or the media sector. Training will be provided and we will work with candidates to develop marketing knowledge and presentation skills. You will be doing a lot of repetitive work as a community manager for some social media accounts, not all the time, but a lot of the time, so please keep that in mind when applying for this position.
• Acting as main content creator and community manager for a range of French-speaking social media accounts on multiple platforms for clients
• Daily monitoring of social media accounts and working with pre-approved templates to provide responses in French to social media enquiries
• Participating in brainstorms to devise fresh and innovative ideas to increase followers and fans, and build engaged social media communities on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
• Generating monthly comprehensive reports and evaluations of social media and digital activity (using templates) for internal and external purposes (this is a time-consuming process but also an essential part of the role)
• Create compelling content and assets to attract new visitors, engage existing users, and gain brand visibility through curating an active community and thereby encouraging sharing of content
• Get involved in coordinating and conducting aspects of internal and external events
• Post holder prepared to perform other related duties as assigned.
• Excellent communication skills and exceptional written French and English, native-level or full business proficiency in French is essential
• Enthusiastic, passionate and proactive
• Able to use initiative and come up with creative ideas
• Demonstrate knowledge of working with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, blogs,
and emerging digital channels
• Knowledge of driving business impact from social media and digital campaigns with an ability to generate ROI
• Strong attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
• Works well in a team as well as independently
• Good IT skills, proficient use of Mac/PC
• Good time management and punctuality, ability to juggle multiple projects
• Confidence in providing reports and recommendations to all levels
• Prior administration support would be at an advantage such as coverage and status report updating – Excel, Word document, PowerPoint updates.
• Educated to degree level in the relevant field, and at least 1 year experience within the marketing, PR or media sector
• Excellent French- and English-language writing, reading and editing ability, as well as verbal skills
• Social media expertise
• Media admin, events, creative design, journalism or communications professional experience would be at an advantage
• High level of self-motivation, initiative, and creativity
• Languages: French and English (essential), Shona or Ndebele (big plus).
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your current CV with a cover letter outlining the reasons why you would be suitable for this position via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any further queries relating to the role please also email the address above.
DEADLINE: 27 July 2018