Marketing & Events Intern (9–12 Months)
Maverick Media is a full-service multimedia company that is committed to generating highly innovative original narrative-based marketing and entertainment media. Maverick Media also runs OpenAir Cinemas — Zimbabwe’s premier outdoor cinema experience.
This role is for a creative and proactive Marketing and Events Intern who will join the tight-knit Maverick Media team and work on a range of different internal and client marketing campaigns and events. We are looking for an enthusiastic marketing intern to join our marketing & events department and provide creative ideas to help achieve our goals. This position offers a great opportunity to develop your skills in a creative environment where fresh ideas are welcomed and encouraged.
As a marketing intern, you will collaborate with our marketing and events team in all stages of marketing campaigns. Your insightful contribution will help develop, expand and maintain our marketing channels. This internship will help you acquire marketing and events skills and provide you with knowledge of various marketing strategies. Ultimately, you will gain broad experience in marketing experience.
- Proactively create, launch and assist in the management of social media and other digital marketing campaigns for clients
- Participation in brainstorms to devise fresh and innovative ideas to increase followers and fans, and build engaged social media communities on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn
- Monitor and respond to social media and digital activity
- Assist in providing regular reporting and evaluation of social media and digital activity, for internal and external purposes
- Create compelling online and offline marketing content and assets to attract consumers, engage existing users, and gain brand visibility on multiple marketing platforms
- Get involved in coordinating aspects of internal and external events, including but not limited to event preparation, event management, capturing event footage etc. (candidate should have ability to work flexible hours for events including some weekends)
- Support the marketing team in daily administrative tasks
- Assist in marketing and events promotional activities
- Prepare promotional presentations
- Help organize marketing events
- Post holder prepared to perform other related duties as assigned.
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Solid understanding of different marketing techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Shona, Ndebele and French would be advantageous.
- Enthusiastic, passionate and proactive
- Able to use initiative and come up with creative ideas
- Demonstrate knowledge of working with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, blogs, and emerging digital channels
- Knowledge of driving business impact from social media and digital campaigns with an ability to generate ROI
- Strong attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Works well in a team as well as independently
- Good IT skills, proficient use of Mac/PC
- Good time management and punctuality, ability to juggle multiple projects
- Confidence in providing reports and recommendations to all levels
- Prior administration support would be at an advantage such as coverage and status report updating — Excel, Word document, PowerPoint updates
- Demonstrate creative flair in the presentation of work and development of creative ideas and design.
• Educated to degree level in related field or currently pursuing degree in relevant field
• Excellent English-language writing and editing ability, as well as verbal skills
• Social media experience
• High level of self-motivation, initiative, and creativity
• Languages: English, Shona and Ndebele (fluency in at least 2 of the languages is essential).
Duration: 9–12 months internship.
How to Apply
Please send your current CV and a cover letter outlining the reasons why you would be suitable for this position via email to: email@example.com
If you have any further questions relating to the role please also email the address above.
Deadline: 30 June 2020