Job Opening: Marketing & Social Media Specialist
Maverick Media is a full-service creative agency and production house that is committed to generating original and highly innovative narrative-based marketing and entertainment media. Maverick Media also runs OpenAir Cinemas – Zimbabwe’s premier outdoor cinema experience.
We are seeking a creative and driven Marketing & Social Media Specialist to join our tight-knit team of mavericks, working on a range of different client and internal social media, digital marketing and events initiatives simultaneously. We are looking for keen team players and self-sufficient multi-taskers who can efficiently juggle multiple projects and not compromise on quality.
The successful candidate will work as a content creator and community manager on a range of social media accounts. Strong attention to detail and a high level of accuracy are essential. This position will provide the successful candidate an opportunity to learn important marketing methods that will enhance their skills, at the same time contributing to the continued growth of Maverick Media.
We’re looking for candidates who love all things social and digital, and hold at least 2 years experience in digital marketing.
• Acting as main content creator and community manager for a range of social media accounts on multiple platforms for clients
• Daily monitoring of social media accounts and working with pre-approved templates to provide responses to social media enquiries
• Participating in brainstorms to devise fresh and innovative ideas to increase followers and fans, and build engaged social media communities on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
• Generating monthly comprehensive reports and evaluations of social media and digital activity (using templates) for internal and external purposes (this is a time-consuming process but also an essential part of the role)
• Creating compelling content and assets to attract new visitors, engage existing users, and gain brand visibility through curating an active community and thereby encouraging sharing of content
• Getting involved in coordinating and conducting aspects of internal and external events
• Post holder prepared to perform other related duties as assigned.
• Excellent communication skills and exceptional written English
• Enthusiastic, passionate and proactive
• Able to use initiative and come up with creative ideas
• Demonstrate knowledge of working with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, blogs,
and emerging digital channels
• Knowledge of driving business impact from social media and digital campaigns with an ability to generate ROI
• Strong attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
• Works well in a team as well as independently
• Good IT skills, proficient use of Mac/PC
• Good time management and punctuality, ability to juggle multiple projects
• Confidence in providing reports and recommendations to all levels
• Prior administration support would be at an advantage such as coverage and status report updating – excel, word document, PowerPoint updates.
• Educated to degree level in the relevant field, experience within the marketing or media sector desirable
• Social media expertise and at least two (2) years experience in marketing, journalism or media sector
• Media admin, events, creative design, journalism or communications professional
experience would be at an advantage
• Excellent English-language writing and editing ability, as well as verbal skills
• High level of self-motivation, initiative, and creativity
• Languages: English and Shona or Ndebele (essential)
How to Apply
Please send your current CV with a cover letter outlining the reasons why you would be suitable for this position via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org